Manager, Coding and Health Information Management (HIM)
The Manager of Coding/HIM is responsible for managing and coordinating the day-to-day activities of the coding team. Responsibilities of the Manager include planning and organizing coding workflows, recruiting and onboarding coding staff, and monitoring coding productivity. Generally, this position is responsible for the daily management of all coding and HIM related activities. The effective day-to-day management and leadership of staff are critical to the success of this position. The Manager of Coding/HIM is the business owner of the coding daily work as well as the strategic vision and compliance of the coding department, to ensure Trilogy is leveraging best practices for our coding business needs.
Principal Job Responsibilities
· Works collaboratively with Associate Vice President of Revenue Cycle Solutions to develop business plans, short- and long-term goals, along with measurable goals designed to improve efficiency, quality of services, clinical documentation, timeliness, productivity, service excellence and appropriate reimbursement for services.
· Manages day-to-day operations of the coding team by monitoring productivity and delegating work to both on-site and off-site staff
· Ensures established Key Performance Indicators are met
· Ensures staff compliance to coding guidelines and reimbursement regulations such as hospital outpatient prospective payment system, APCs, DRGs, and NCD/LCD by actively engaging in denial management to educate staff, monitor trends, and suggest improvements
· Provides coding support to revenue cycle teams in correcting charge/code related claim edits to meet payer filing requirements
· Proactively monitor staff coding accuracy and compliance to coding guidelines
· Provide staff coding related education as appropriate
· Maintain current knowledge of ICD-10-CM/PCS and CPT/HCPCS coding systems and retains current coding certification
· Lead the process of selection, implementation, and staff training of all applicable coding software
· Facilitates validations of coding related software by testing and troubleshooting applications that impact coding workflows
· Provide expert knowledge of healthcare and industry trends to Trilogy team in coding areas
· Function as internal consultant to Trilogy staff and organization leadership on coding related issues and questions
· Work with senior leadership to prioritize and synthesize coding department needs
· Bachelor’s degree in health informatics or information management from a program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management preferred.
· Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) or Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) or coding related certification through AAPC or AHIMA required
· Minimum 5 years management/supervisory experience in coding
· Minimum 6 years medical coding experience
· Expert knowledge of coding regulatory and compliance guidelines
· Skilled in teamwork dynamics, both as a member and a leader
· Excellent communication and presentation skills in both written and verbal formats, including the ability to produce clear and well-organized documentation
· Customer-focused, team player with a desire to continuously improve current business practices/processes
· Ability to see the big picture while maintaining a detail-oriented mindset
· Ability to manage in a complex, highly regulated environment; manage multiple computer systems and workflows; and successfully navigate nuances of leadership teams and providers.
· Passionate about excellence, coding quality and integrity; with the ability to drive process improvement of coding-related issues
You may submit your resume by:
Trilogy Healthcare Solutions
911 Flynt Drive
Flowood, Mississippi 39232-9572
Human Resources Fax:
Equal Employment Opportunity – EOE/AA/VETERANS/DISABLED
This organization does not discriminate in any way to deprive any person of employment opportunities or otherwise adversely affect the status of any employee because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, veteran status, or military or uniformed services, in accordance with all applicable governmental laws and regulations. In addition, the organization complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
Equal Employment Opportunity is the law. Find out more from the Department of Labor.